Secondary Summer Session 2017 will be offered at Bayridge Secondary School from Tuesday July 4 - Friday July 28 (classes will not run on Monday July 17).
Attached, is the 2017 Summer Session Information Sheet, Registration information (Registration Workflow), the revised Course Offerings, the paper Registration Form, Daily Schedule and bus route/Stop information.
1) Careers & Civics in French ADDED - We will be offering Careers and Civics en français this summer through eLearning.
2) From 19 to 18 Days - To accommodate the later end to the current school year and Canada’s 150th birthday celebrations, Summer Session has been reduced to 18 days from 19 days by extending the school day slightly to begin at 8:10 a.m. and end at 3:21 p.m. daily. We will accept late walk-in registrations on Monday, July 3rd at Bayridge between the hours of 9:00 a.m. & 3:00 p.m. We will continue the past practice of a midterm break (no classes) on July 17.
3) Bus Routes – there are no school buses this summer where students have access to Kingston Transit to get to Bayridge Secondary School. They should take Kingston Transit using their free bus pass, or make alternate arrangments.
1) One Course per Student - As a result of a Ministry of Education change in 2016, students who are improving a credit must complete the entire course (110 hours), meaning students may only register for one course this summer (improvement or new). Co-op students may work toward two credits.
2) Hybrid courses will continue to be offered at Summer Session 2017 where students are on-site at Bayridge Secondary School July 4-7; 18-20 & 26-28 face-to-face with a teacher, and have the option of completing the e-learning portion of the course on or off-site July 12-14, 21 & 24-25.
For the latest information about Summer Session 2017, follow us on Twitter @Summer_LDSB .